TenTec

[TenTec] Ocean revisited

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ocean revisited
From: "Thomas Tow" <ttow1@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:24:53 -0600
First, a LOT of thanks to a LOT of guys here with suggestions..all VERY
good. No one has called me a cultists or idiot yet, HI.
The preamp is off, NB off, etc. I am a bit dismayed at the noise since I
have had this radio (first run #52) for a couple of years. Scott W4PA did a
contest from here on it and I do not ever recall such a noise level. That
said, I hope since I just received it back that it is an adjustment issue
buried within the menus somewhere. As soon as I can get the time, I will do
the full reset, start over using some of the suggestions I have received and
go from there. I have always thought this was a great radio, especially the
receiver...I defended it strongly when Orion was first introduced and was
almost crucified at the time for commenting on the exceptional abilities of
this rig.  This is NOT a product quality issue...just a "locate the glitch"
endeavour. There is no doubt in my mind that Orion is the absolute best bang
for the buck one can buy in this hobby...period.  Thanks again to a great
group here with a bunch of good help sent to me privately..I will report
after the restart...Thanks agn, Tommy WD4K