TenTec

[TenTec] Some Rig Comparisons

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Some Rig Comparisons
From: Walter Dufrain" <walter@inlink.com (Walter Dufrain)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:16:03 -0500
Thanks, Jim, for taking the time to do the comparison test.

Triton's have been in this shack for many years. Only complaint
is that they are so simple to operate that I get bored with them
and sometimes loose my head and think of getting another
group of rigs.

BTW   the only other "low noise floor" commercial transceiver
that I have found and own is the Oak Hills Research "Sprint II",
which has a direct conversion receiver, is cw only, QRP rig.
A lot of folks do not like the DC receiver, but when you are
running two way DX at below 1/2 watt power level, you need
a good receiver      :-)

Happy DXing and thanks again for the rig testing.
73     Walter Dufrain, AG5P           Wright City, Missouri