TenTec

[TenTec] Re TenTec Model 215P Mic.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re TenTec Model 215P Mic.
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:01:14 -1000
Below sounds not quite as it should,
my 215P,  out of the base,  is nearly 8 inches
long!  Also,  the 215P does NOT use an Electret
element;  it has a piezoelectric ceramic cartridge.
The electret element requires a bias voltage,
the 215P does not.  The 215P  is really an Electrovoice
mike (a founder of Ten Tec came from Electrovoice,
I am told).

I doubt if the mike  below is the one for which
you are looking.

73,  Jim,  KH7M