TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Model 289 Noise Blanker - Question

To: "Dave Burnett" <wd8krv@amsat.org>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 289 Noise Blanker - Question
From: "N4NT" <mike_n4nt@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:15:16 -0500
I have two of the 580 Delta rigs with the noise blankers.  I've always been
impressed with how effective they work, but they work best (and maybe only)
on the frying sound of line noise.  I do not recall ever being impressed
with its effect on other noises but I also don't recall ever testing it on
other noises.  I have never made any adjustment to a noise blanker so cannot
help you there.

73, Mike N4NT