TenTec

[TenTec] My second Ten Tec is a Triton IV.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My second Ten Tec is a Triton IV.
From: N4NT_Mike.Hyder@charter.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Thu Apr 24 16:55:08 2003
Lew, probably any handbook has a schematic of a crowbar circuit.  It would
consist of an SCR and a zener diode, along with a fuse.  In principle, the
SCR is across the load end of the fuse so that when the supply voltage
exceeds that set by the zener, the SCR fires and draws enough current to
blow the fuse.  This protects the load (rig) from overvoltage.  Without it,
a shorted pass transistor would cause about 25 volts to be applied to the
rig.

Mike N4NT