TenTec

[TenTec] Orion CW Sensitivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion CW Sensitivity
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:13:48 -1000
Hi,

Just for a mark on the wall:  today at 1734 UTC,
I copied and exchanged reports with W0TUP in
Minot,  No. Dakota.  He was running 850 mW using
the Rock-Mite.  He has the little PCB mounted in
an Altoids Cinnamon spice can (maybe an inch by
two inches or so).  You can see his little rig and
QRP distance records at:

http://web.ndak.net/~anelson/rockmite.htm

The distance between us was 3646 miles,  or, per
his figuring, that is 4289 miles per watt courtesy
of the amazing sensitivity of the Orion!

I sent him a 439 report.

As I say,  just a mark on the wall,  but he was excited,
his greatest distance QRP so far.

73,  Jim  KH7M