TenTec

[TenTec] Omni VI problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI problem
From: "Jeff Kelly" <jkelly@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:12:34 -0500
Woke up this morning to a problem with my OmniVI Opt/1 and 962.
On startup there is a buzz (brrrrrr) for a few seconds form the rear center
to left of the radio and the display comes up a half brightness.  I then
tried
feeding the radio with 12v from a astron supply and while I don't hear the
buzz the display was still at low brightness.

I then reseated all the molex connectors/etc. in the radio with no luck.
I then tried a clear reset and a master reset and while the brightness
returned
now some of the display digits are gone or intermittant.  The buzz is still
there
with the 962.

The receiver functions fine.  Didn't transmit.

I guess a trip to TT will be in order but wondering if anyone has any
suggestions?

thanks,

Jeff
KT2K