TenTec

[TenTec] Omni V and Writelog

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V and Writelog
From: SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 04:57:49 +0100
The OMNI V uses three wires for the interface as Carl has properly ndicated.
TD, RD, and signal ground (pin 7 at the OMNI).

Approximately 12 of the 25 pins on the D connector on the V are used for
other functions such as the phase signals for the remote encoder and outputs
for band indication for use with things like the Hercules amplifier.
Experimentaion could be 'eventful' and using a full 25 wire connector will
definitely cause operational problems.

The OMNI D connector is configured as a DTE which means that it transmits
data on pin 2 the same as the PC does.  The RD and TD wires therefore need a
'twist' in the cable.

The port for rig control must be configured via the SETUP and Ports menu
items.

Think it was also necessary to assign the radio under the Bands then Set
Frequency Mode menu items.

Save Configuration on the Setup menu is also necessary in order for WL to
remember the items which were just set....otherwise they get lost on
nshutdown.