TenTec

[TenTec] OMNI V.9 Delay Adjust pot R32

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V.9 Delay Adjust pot R32
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:09:52 -0000
Tim,

This relay controls nothing but keying an external amp.  The best thing to
do
is to cripple the relay so it makes no noise at all.  I removed the cover to
the
relay and jammed a small piece of cardboard between the armature and coil
so the relay could no longer move.  This completely stops the relay clicking
noise and has no side effects.  Later, if you ever want to reenable the
relay,
all you have to do is remove the cardboard.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC