TenTec

Re: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion now

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion now
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:08:00 -0400
Did you bring CATFISHWO with you?

I don't think you have a clue what you are saying. I am the 'fellow' who
actually measured the jitter on the Orion. I have never said it happens on
ANY other radio. My three Omni 6 rigs certainly do not have it and my Icom
IC-781 does not have it and my Corsair II does not have it.

CW in the Orion is generated in DSP, in case you don't recognize that, it
means DIGITAL...so certainly its going to have jitter as I described due to
timing issues. As I said, it is there but it is NOT a problem as it can not
be detected on the air. It was discussed...YOU are the only one making an
issue out of it. If I had to guess, and I don't, I would most likely come up
with the conclusion that you don't even know how to operate an oscilloscope
to run the test for your self, so why are you commenting on it?

How dare you compare an Orion to those rigs...heck they are not even in the
class with the Orion. OF COURSE the Orion is better than those that you
listed. There is no other amateur radio in the in the Orion's class, as far
as performance is concerned, for you to compare the Orion to.

A lot of these folk here that have had their Orion for a long enough period
of time that they have decided for themselves whether or not the Orion is or
is not the radio for them and most of them generated their conclusion from
actual on-the-air performance.

Tommy

W4BQF