TenTec

[TenTec] Collins mech filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Collins mech filters
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:52:48 -1000

> And when did the PC become common?  I remember only having one of the
first
> $20 four function electronic calculators in about 1972!!

I think IBM introduced the PC in 1982,  maybe 1981!  By then Tandy
had the Model III out,  but very limited software,  Apple had the Apple
as a kit.  The calculators of the early '70's,  at least HP's was several
hundred dollars.  Texas Instruments had the  plain vanilla calculators--
-- add,  subtract,  etc.  at that time for under $100.  I also vaguely rem-
member an Oswald computer,  with a tiny,  tiny display. Compuserve
sold info by the page early '80's,  and the page they chose as the standard
fit the tiny Osawal screen -- and that may  be the wrong logo name,  hi.

The entire idea first started at Farichild Semiconductor,  but they
never got ahead of HP,  TI,  and later,  IBM--- at least that is my
recollection of the chronology,  which may be inaccurate.

73,  Jim,  KH7M