TenTec

Re: [TenTec] S-meter and RF Gain

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] S-meter and RF Gain
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:41:09 -0500
Bill,  I have seen these comments or arguments before about the RF gain and
s meter,  and I never had any problems setting the RF gain or threshold,  In
fact I use an old version of the firmware 1.367 where I have to use the
threshold  and RF gain seperately.  I use this version because the sweep is
very real time and the firmware  seems to be stable for me.

However,  with the RF gain reduction increasing the s meter in 2.0 and O2,
I have to increase the RF gain to give a s meter reading.
With the 1.xxx versions the s meter is always active and real time and easy
to give a report.  A lot of this has to do with the way a person operates
his rig and his own preferences. I would prefer to have the s meter active
regardless of RF gain setting.

AS far as the antique receivers are concerned,  their day has passed and
maybe it is time for a change concerning this issue.

Toby   W4CAK