TenTec

[TenTec] 6N2 observations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 6N2 observations
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:13:50 -0500
For 6M here we have been using an Alinco DX70TH. In a recent 6M opening I
switched to Peg's 6N2.

I found two interesting things. The 6N2 is much quieter on receive (less
noise), and less QRM from close freq splatter. For long time listening (not
as hard on the ears) the 6N2 would win hands down. Unfortunately it has only
20W output. When the band started closing, it took the Alinco's 100W to
complete a few contacts.

I think that with an amp of some kind it would be a real winner.

Are my observations similar to others that have a 6N2?

Paul K9OT
FP/K9OT July 28-August 6, 2006

PS: It's not for sale!