TenTec

[TenTec] Contesting and the OMNI-VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contesting and the OMNI-VI+
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 23:37:05 -0500
>Contest magazines as all rags depend on who pays the most for
advertizing. I
>have no more to say about that............As for split frequency
operation,
>it makes more enimies of contesters than anything else.
Screaming a call on
>a frequency that is already occupied is counter productive and
is becoming
>an Achiles heal to contesting...joe

I think DX'ers have more to worry about in that regard, Joe.

I'm trying to remember the last time I ever operated split during
a contest.  The only times would have been on 40m in an SSB
contest and that's been over 10 years since I ever did anything
like that.

I can't think of many occurrences where contesters are operating
split, except on 40 SSB.   I can't think of any CW contests where
there was significant split operations....maybe where a major
DXpedition was underway during the contest, but that's not
normal.

I think most of the split frequency/QRM problems result from
DXpeditions than from contests.

I think ya got the wrong guys, Joe!

73,
dale, kg5u