TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?
From: "Don Jones" <ko7i@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:51:02 -0800
John 'CQ and John 'RE,

Good points guys. I do have the TT 250Hz CW Filter in the 2nd IF. Which
pretty much matches what John has described. I do notice that things are
reasonable using the INRAD Roofing Filter & 1st IF 400Hz filter with the TT
500Hz 2nd IF combination.

I do use the passband tuning of the OMNI VI, but I use it mainly to tone
down the high frequency howling in the receiver audio. To be honest, it is
awful.

I think I will begin looking for a 2nd IF INRAD Narrow CW Filter and give it
a try.

I know this might offend some of the TT guys here, but I have been unable to
match the performance of my Drake/Sherwood R-4C. It has a full complement of
the Sherwood mod's and is beating my OMNI VI (opt 3) in every way.

In the mean time I am going to focus on getting VP8ORK into my logbook. It
will be very interesting to see how my VI handles the dog-pile on the VP8.

73,
Don Jones KO7i
Arlington, WA