TenTec

[TenTec] HF CW Practice Session

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] HF CW Practice Session
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:06:04 -1000
It works!

I have just finished sending out a QST test signal,
simultaneously on the W1AW code practice frequencies on
40, 20 and 15 meter bands by keying three rigs  each feeding
a different antenna.  I could alternatively,  put a signal on
80 instead of 15;  on 30 instead of 40;  or on 17 instead
of 20,  on which ever band propagation to the mainland and
about the Hawaiian Islands is best for the time of day,
season,  etc.

I was not sure if I might have a problem using the Force 12
C4 beam antenna.  This antenna is fed with two lines;  one
for the 40 meter rotating dipole (which will also load up,
using a tuner on 30 meters),  and the array of elements
for 20, 15,  and 10 meters;  effectively two yagi elements
per band.  Anyway,  seems no problem in radiating
simultaneous 40 and 20 meters signals on the W1AW
frequencies keying separate rigs to feed each band,  with
the elements mounted on the same boom.

Used the Corsair II on 40m;  Omni VI+,  20m;  and the Triton 544
for the 15m signals.

Now must get my code practice format developed and text files
for same set up.

73,  Jim  KH7M