TenTec

[TenTec] Centaur

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:04:28 -0600
I would like to thank all who responded to my inquiry  about low output of
the Centaur. By exceeding their recomendations of 550 mills plate current I
have got around 500w out. I think almost 600 on one band. This is not my amp
but the person that bought it is not very happy with the results (400w out
and not 600W) as the book says. This does not speak very well for Ten Tec in
my opinion. I had thought about buying a Centurian because I want the Ten
Tec QSK. For you Centurian owners is this the same deal of only 2/3 the
output of advertised or does it put out 1kw on cw like they say? Thanks 73
Paul k9ot