TenTec

[TenTec] Omni V - External DSP Interfacing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V - External DSP Interfacing
From: hjohnc@core.com (John Huffman)
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:22:57 -0500
I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel.  Has anyone hooked an external DSP
unit to an Omni V and maintained QSK while switching the unit out during
transmit?

Just picked up a Timewave DSP-59+.  To hear the CW sidetone you need to
switch the unit out during transmit.  There is a jack on the back of the
unit for the connection.  If I connect it to the RELAY jack on the back of
the Omni it introduces a delay.  No QSK.  If I shorten the delay to a
minimum, the relay is clacking away.

My guess is that there is a way to hook up the TX EN/TX OUT to make this
work.

Maybe an experienced Omni owner can save me some time and tell me their
secret.

TIA es 73 de K8HJ
John