TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 01:52:19 -0500
Good points.

I always assign my IP addresses statically (having been an ISP for years I'm
a nerd about this) so I don't even notice when devices do or don't have DHCP
capability.  This capability is so pervasive these days that one just
expects it to be available, if not by default.  Just shows...never assume
:)

What I said before still goes....no reason the radio should not accept a
zero there.  One would think it a relatively easy fix.

Better still would be DHCP.  People need that, IMHO, if only as an option.
However, adding DHCP might be more of a significant task.

Gary