TenTec

[TenTec] New FREEWARE for Pegasus/Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New FREEWARE for Pegasus/Jupiter
From: rich@1967z28.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:23:59 -0500
Well there is some issue. Not sure what. I did get it to play on Win2000
using Com1, but have not tested it any further.

I think I have partial communication in XP because tuning the remote knob
changes frequency in the software but the S meter still does not work. The
manual says lack of S meter means it is a communication issue. So, it might
be talking one way only.

Initial comments are "OK" but not close to taking me away from the N4PY
software. I like the S Meter on the new program better than Carls and I
prefer the window setup as I have never been thrilled with the N4PY windows
in a window config, but beyond that I find the Pegasus Plus hard to operate.
There are things in the hard to navigate setup menu that should be on the
front panel.

An example is the auto tuner button is buried deep in the setup menu. Front
panel would be a nice place for it. I like the looks of the band scope but
since the Pegasus Plus does not support the RX-320 I can not use it in the
manner I wish.

All that said, I am not bashing the new program because it has some very
nice features and like I said I prefer the windows layout to Carls. But it
is way to hard to use it as a radio !

73,
Rich
kd0zv