TenTec

Re: [TenTec] QSK/QRQ problem with Orion / ACOM 2000A

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QSK/QRQ problem with Orion / ACOM 2000A
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:50:13 -0500
Well of course speed is not the issue. I, too, was sending during SS ab 26 and 28 and 30 wpm and my Titan 3 worked flawless but it was being driven with my Omni 6 Plus. Seems like a lot of folks who use non-Ten Tec amps, have their amps/Orion work for them in the Orion's keying loop. My Orion will not work reliabily with the Titan 3 in the Keying loop, but the Titan 3 and both my Omni 6 Plus and my Icom IC-781 never have any problems. Exact same cables, etc., just change radios. Been working this way for 16 months now.

At the present time my Orion is relegated to testing beta firmware.

Tom - W4BQF

----- Original Message ----- From: <n1eu@netscape.net>