TenTec

Re: [TenTec] WTB - Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB - Orion
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:42:09 -0500
Dudley,

James D. Hurry
201 Mesa Verde Drive
Cedar Creek, TX  78612

WA5QPZ    General Class  License
email:  jhurry@austin.rr.com

If you going to post out right lies on this reflector, the least you should to is try to get your lies somewhat close.

I did not have one Orion. I have had two Orion's. One was delivered to me in July 2003. The second one was delivered to me in June 2004. As I have often stated on this reflector, the Orion has the best hardware design I have ever operated in my short 53 years of being a ham. The hardware design is surpurb. The problems I related were not directed to anyone of this reflector, they were put out as general information about a Ten Tec product. However Dudley, both of the Orion's I had on my desk exhibited the very same characteristics, obviously because they were running the same firmware. The firmware of the Orion still contains some problems, even after two years into production. These problems are not limited to the Orion's that I have owned, they are apparent on any Orion delivered by Ten Tec and kept up to date, firmware wise.

I doubt very seriously that you even own an Orion, therefore you obviously have no clue what you are talking about in terms of how an Orion functions.

The fact that Ten Tec continues to work on and improve the operational characteristics of the Orion should not preclude anyone from purchasing the Orion.

Tom - W4BQF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dudley Hurry" <jhurry@austin.rr.com>