TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ arrives

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ arrives
From: "Peter Hoon" <peter@nednet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:04:44 -0600
Andy,  Just finished a complete Omni VI+ Xmtr and Rcvr alignment.  Xmtr now
draws 12 amps for 100 watts out, but before alignment, drew 18 watts for 100
watts out.   You might want to hook up a 25 amp meter and go through xmtr
bias adjustment.   That was really only major thing I found in the 8 year
old rig.

After receiver alignment, got a 2dBm improvement in MDS, so that wasn't
really a significant improvement.

Lets do a CW sked with our "new" rigs next week.  73s, Peter, VE1CHS