TenTec

[TenTec] Problems with OmniD (mod B)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Problems with OmniD (mod B)
From: N4NT@bigfoot.com (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 08:41:09 -0400
I am assuming you have checked any and all coax jumpers in your shack from
antenna switches to tuners, etc.  Then check antenna output connector on
Omni.  Don't mean to treat you like a dunce, and am sure you did all this.

Let me tell you what I ran into.  On my Omni-C, the diodes which generate
the ALC voltage (maybe they are on the SWR-TR board, but I am not sure) went
south.  When my Omni-C did not have the ALC voltage, turning up the drive
control past a certain point would put the rig into a self-oscillation.
Replacing the diodes fixed the problem for me.  That is an esoteric
possibility (my specialty) from my experience.  That might well explain the
problem you are having.  I sure hope it does.  Please advise what you find
so that all of us can benefit from your findings.  73
Regards,                        N4NT@bigfoot.com
Mike Hyder
401 E Holston Ave
Johnson City, TN 37601-4009