TenTec

[TenTec] Corsair II problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II problem
From: leec@ptd.net (B. Lee Cornwell)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 06:22:07 -0600
Good Morning to all - I've been having some difficulty with an intermittent
power output problem on my Corsair II. At times the power output (on SSB
only) drops to half or less of normal output, as seen on the scope and lack
of ALC led lighting. CW or tune position is full output with no problems.
Advancing the drive control seems to have little effect, other than to
flat-top when full out put comes back.
I have removed EVERY connection plug and cleaned with De-oxit and Q-tip and
re-seated. I have removed low lever driver board and re-soldered every
connection. What next ?? Any ideas where to look next ? I suspect a problem
on the audio board, but because of it's intermittent nature it is very
difficult to "pin down". Thanks in advance - Lee K2BLC