TenTec

[TenTec] Orion firmware vs keyclicks with Alpha amplifier

Subject: [TenTec] Orion firmware vs keyclicks with Alpha amplifier
From: "Nick T - NT1A" <jaz@ntphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:56:36 -0400
Hello All -

An update on this issue which turns out to be a simple fix.

I have been using the keying loop with a cable that Alpha has
described on their website. It works great with V 1.37X but causes
clicks with V2 software.

I contacted Ten Tec and they told me that V2 contained changes to the
keying waveform and timing.

I removed the keying loop cable, plugged in a regular RCA cable to the
amp out jack, turned off the keying loop and the clicks were gone. I
got clean signal reports now using v 2.056.

 Cheers,

 -Nick NT1A