TenTec

[TenTec] Paragon on PSK31?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon on PSK31?
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:00:42 -0400
One consideration is the frequency stability of the rig.  Until my Omni V
has warmed up for 30 to 60 minutes, the frequency drift is too much for my
PSK31 operating tastes.  PSK is a very narrow signal and while the
software's AFC will compensate for any frequency drift, if you're not
careful you'll end up chasing each other all over the band and possibly
right into someone else's QSO.

Fortunately, the current software makes it pretty easy to measure Rx
frequency stability.  I just tune to a heterodyne from WWV and click on it
on the waterfall and note the frequency.  Enable AFC on the software and it
will track the tone.

73,
Mark