TenTec

Re: [TenTec] More orion 2 problems

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More orion 2 problems
From: "David W LeJeune, Sr" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:07:49 -0500
I had a similar problem with my Orion II - left it off for about 5 weeks -
had the AC on but set to 85 F hoping that the humidity would stay down.
When I returned and turned it on, many of the pushbuttons would not work.
However, the N4PY software controlled the radio with no problems.  I was
prepared to send it to Tentec, but left it on for about 24 hours.  Not sure
if it was moisture or what, but all the pushbuttons returned to normal after
24 hours, and it's been working fine ever since.

Dave K5WNV