TenTec

[TenTec] Blown PS 962

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Blown PS 962
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 07:14:07 -1000
Aloha,  Still early morning here,  7:15 AM.  Several sent along
comments similar to Dave's:

> There is an internal 25 Amp fuse (type AGC25) located on the pass
> transistor board.  If this is blown, there will be no power for anything,
> including the regulator board, which provides power for the LED on the
> front panel.
>
> I have a 961 PS, but internally it is almost identical to the 962.
>
> 73, Dave, K1FK

I have the 962 open now,  and for the life of me,  I cannot
locate a fuse on the regulator board,  or any where else
it occurs to me to look.  Do I have to remove one of the
boards:  there are two,  "81756 Regulator, 93239 Rev. C"
and "81757 Filter 93240 Rev. A".

I can identify no component on either borad which appears
to be a fuse.  But,  maybe I don't know what an AGC
fuse looks like!  Am I looking for a small glass tube in some
sort of holder?

73,  Jim,  KH7M