TenTec

[TenTec] Airpax breaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Airpax breaker
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:45:17 2003
By all means, for the power source for the radio, one should place a fuse in
both the pos and neg leads at the battery.  The fast acting circuit breaker
should be in the pos lead at the radio.  The fuses will protect the cables
and the vehicle should an insulation failure due to heat or vibration take
place and protect the radio should the neg battery connection fail between
the battery and the engine ground.  The fast acting circuit breaker will
protect the radio should an internal short develop or from excessive PA
current demand in the event of a severely mis-matched antenna condition.

Safety is no accident.

73
Bob, K4TAX