TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Single Sweep Spectrum Display

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Single Sweep Spectrum Display
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:40:56 -0500
In answer to Carter's question I'll post my comments for all to see.

So far I've not put it in a tough contest situation.  I've only had it on
the air for 3 days and used it in a "rag chew" situation while I get
familiar with all the functions.

Initial observation,........ it is a better receiver than the Omni VI Plus,
even with all the filters I had in the VI Plus.  I like the adjustable
bandwidth feature on receiver.  The AGC works well with no popping, pumping
an doesn't allow bursts from strong vs. weak signals.  The OFF, SLOW, MED
and FAST functions are very adequate in my opinion.  The AN, NB and NR
functions work well and easy to adjust.  The VOX is very smooth and easy to
adjust.  It interfaces with the Centurion in full QSK with no more than
"plug and play" efforts, thus enable the feature on the menu.  The display
is sharp, clean and easy to read.  The single level menu is again easy to
read and understand and to change parameters.  Manual is well written.

Now what would I like to see.  A display of speech processor action would be
nice and a larger speaker on top.

Audio reports are very favorable using the Tentec 708A mike.  It did require
some adjustments from the factory settings but these were easy to do and
effective with very little experimentation.

Stay tuned, more later.

73
Bob,K4TAX