TenTec

[TenTec] V 1.27

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] V 1.27
From: "Charles Strickland" <wa4oss@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:56:39 -0500
I have owned a Jupiter 538 since June 2002.  I purchased it with reservations.
I have over forty years of engineering experience in the TV/HDTV/FM broadcast
area and wanted to play with the Jupiter for the computer interface and upgrade
capabilities.  This is an amazing transceiver and I have enjoyed it, I plan to
add an Orion II beside it.

I keep an old Panasonic CF-35 note book cabled to the Jupiter.  I run three
different applications for control and have done all upgrades with this
hook-up.  However as others have already stated, I had the same upgrade problem
with V 1.27, likewise I used and older updater and was successful.

I hope Ten-Tec addresses this for the less computer familiar folks.

Thanks to Ten-Tec for another upgrade and I certainly hope more will follow as
long as the hardware is there to support same.