TenTec

[TenTec] Hmmm

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hmmm
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:05:17 -0600
Jim,

You may have also noticed the same thing has happened and is
happening in various other industries: oil, steel, aerospace,
automobiles, railroads, foods, magazines, television,
entertainment, etc....even politics!

Actually, I would be willing to bet there are more
transmitter/receiver manufacturers now than there were 39 years
ago (when I started in amateur radio).  Certainly the major
players are fewer with only 4 or 5, or whatever, but there are
also a lot of small outfits that produce QRP and/or equipment
that didn't exist many years ago.

Also, look at the number of auxiliary equipment manufacturers
(digital equipment, audio equipment, other desktop equipment,
software, towers, antennas, etc.) that are out there.  I'd bet
its way more than 'back when'.

73 and have fun in the new amateur radio!
.

73,
Dale, kg5u