TenTec

[TenTec] Model 252 PS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 252 PS
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:21:16 -0500
Rick, those things are rated to run the Triton, Omni, etc.  Ought to put out
18 amps without tripping the internal circuit breaker, but you could safely
adjust that up to about 20 amps for typical use.  Those little supplies are
running on the ragged edge (I always felt) and have one major shortcoming in
that I believe they have no 'crowbar' circuit.  That is a circuit which
protects your rig from overvoltage in the event the power supply pass
transistor shorts out and would otherwise put 25 or 30 volts into your rig.
Value:  If you are selling, get what you can.  If you are buying, I suggest
you look at the model 280 or other, later model supplies from Ten-Tec.  You
can tell the difference between the later models because they use two pass
transistors.  The earlier ones used one.
73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net