TenTec

[TenTec] Omni D TVI problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D TVI problems
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:42:03 -0500
Hi Jason--

I originally poo-pooed the idea of needing a low-pass filter with an Omni,
but some of the guys on the reflector said it had improved their situation.

I don't know if you use cable-TV or not.  I have cable and had success
making a short wire with a big alligator clip on one end and the ground pin
of a regular AC plug on the other.  I plug in the plug into the AC outlet
closest to the TV set and clip the alligator clip to the coax connector
right where it enters the set.  That has worked well for me in ALL cases.  I
lived in an apartment complex and ran a kilowatt, but that method removed
all traces of TVI.

Good luck de Mike N4NT@wireco.net