TenTec

[TenTec] Re: I want a really good receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: I want a really good receiver
From: dgbcms@netnet.net (Dwight)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:07:35 -0500
Thought I would post this, hopefully providing some interest
to someone.

Have had and operated my Omni 6 (with the plus updates)
about three weeks now. Today I decided to do some
side-by-side comparisons of the receiver against my FT-990.
My target was to be extremely weak stations on both CW and
SSB and on all the bands.

Both rigs have the factory SSB wide and narrow filters and
the 500 CW filters in both I.F.'s.

My conclusion was that the filters on both rigs sounded and
reacted the same and, I couldn't hear anything on one rig
that I couldn't hear on the other. The QSK is equal on both
rigs as well at my slow 30 wpm CW.

Gonna be really hard to get rid of one or another! :-)

73 Dwight W9YQ