TenTec

[TenTec] Argosy arrived, now I need accessories

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy arrived, now I need accessories
From: caitlyn@netferrets.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:45:16 -0400
Hi, everyone,

Well, my Argosy 525 station arrived, and the rig is absolutely mint, as in
not a scratch on it.  The 225 power supply and 645 keyer are just as nice,
and everything seems to work well.  The bad news...  the Argosy is
absolutely stock.  Not a single option has been added.  I'll order the
filters directly from Ten Tec, but here is the list of out of production
items I am now looking for:

215P or 215PC microphone
226 calibrator
224 CW audio filter
223 noise blanker (not the later 223A)
1125 circuit breaker (for mobile/portable use)

Considering how perfect the rig is, I am definitely going to keep it.
However, the overwhelming response to my post about the Argosy vs. the 580
Delta told me that the Delta is the better rig.  I am going to be getting
that as well, and I'll see if I agree.  The thing is, I really like the
Argosy.  We'll see...

73,
Caity
KU4QD