TenTec

[TenTec] Using Manual Ant Tuner With Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using Manual Ant Tuner With Pegasus
From: WA2PVK@prodigy.net (WILLIAM F MANSEY)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:18:00 -0500
Hello All,
    My preferred method is using the MFJ Antenna Analyzer to check, adjust,
and note the antenna's characteristics WITHOUT the tuner in line.  I then
repeat the process WITH the tuner.  In this way I know "where" I need the
tuner, how to adjust the settings without transmitting, and "where" I can
operate with the tuner in the bypass mode.  The only thing to watch out for
is the potential of damaging the "zero bias" diodes in the analyzer if the
unit is accidentally subjected to excessive external RF.  The MFJ analyzer
is a fantastic tool and one that can save time and headaches.  It sure beats
running back and forth between shack and antenna(e)!
    Just my 2.758 cents worth.  :-)    73; Bill