TenTec

Re: [TenTec] TenTec 30 day return policy

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec 30 day return policy
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:11:39 -0400
Perhaps this new policy by Ten- Tec should be layed out for all to see,  so
there are no misunderstandings.  If you purchase a rig and return it for
credit which is a part of their advertising and company policy,  then you
are doing what they are allowing you to do.

Now,  if you should (in this particular case ) two years later want to
purchase a different rig,  then maybe the right policy should be....."Yes,
you can buy the new Orion 2,  but you will have to waive the 30 day trial
period since you already returned a Jupiter two years ago." This may not be
unreasonable to the buyer and makes all happy.  But to totally and
immediately dismiss the purchase request out of hand with a single email
seems rather harsh and unfair.

If this happens to a number  of other hams over a period of time, then bad
PR is the result all the way around.  I requested to trade my old Orion in
for a new one about two months ago and I was told I could trade if I waived
the 30 day trial period.   Reason given was I had returned a Jupiter just a
little earlier that year.  The rig had birdies on all bands and I did not
want it.  I had a legitimate reason for wanting to return it.  But my
request was not denied totally to do a trade.  I decided not to go through
with the deal at that time and now I am glad I didn't.

The point is, there needs to be policy guidelines set up for all to see and
understand.  Now, as far as posting a bad review on eham is
concerned....very different matter and should not have been given as a
reason for not selling a new rig to someone. This should never be used as an
excuse for denying a ham his purchase of a new rig.  This sounds somewhat
vindictive and has no place in business.