TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)
From: "denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:59:31 -0800
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 2:28 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)

Forgive this, another off a direct Ten Tec issue topic.

The update seems to be downloaded just fine.
But,  I cannot get SP2 for XP to install!  Gets about
as far as inspecting the "registry"  then an error window
appears:  "Can't read to or from the data base".....and
all stops.  Another window shows up advising that SP2
was not installed,  and all disappears.  Only to have the
reminder window to come up later advising that updates
are available to be installed.  This has been going on for
around a month now.  I'd like to be rid of these continuing
reminders,  or else get the silly update pack installed.

How/what do I do about the data base reading issue....
maybe just forget it,  hi.

73,  Jim W6KPI
On the Garden Island of Kauai