TenTec

[TenTec] Argosy vs. Delta

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy vs. Delta
From: caitlyn@netferrets.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:43:46 -0400
Hi, everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on the reflector.  It's nice to be back.

Anyway, I have an Argosy 525 on the way to me, which is a rig I know and
like.  Of course, once I committed to that, a Delta 580 became available.
The Delta puts out more power, seems to take more filters, covers all three
WARC bands, and generally has more features, but does not seem to be nearly
as well regarded.  I notice on the Ten Tec used price list that the
difference in price is really pretty small.

Does anyone care to comment about the performance of the two rigs?  Is the
Delta a better choice (in which case I'd resell the Argosy) or am I better
off keeping the Argosy and sacrificing the two extra bands?

I'd love to hear from people who have experience with both rigs.

73,
Caity
KU4QD