TenTec

[TenTec] Restringing Dial Cord on 515?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Restringing Dial Cord on 515?
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:21:36 -0400
Jim, another old Indian trick -- to replace that bungee cord, you will have
to take off all the knobs and remove the front panel.  When you finish, you
will have to put the dial skirt back on the shaft.  That is a really tricky
job using Ten-Tec's instructions.

A better method is to make a loop of dental floss and hook it over the
D-spring in the back of the skirt.  Then you can take tension off the
straight side of the spring and slip the skirt right on the shaft.  When it
is on there, the floss will slip right out.

Regards,
Mike N4NT@wireco.net
Johnson City, Tennessee