TenTec

[TenTec] Nice feature

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Nice feature
From: rich@1967z28.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:41:56 -0500
I wanted to comment on what a nice feature Carl N4PY has in his software.
The AMTN button is for tuning your amp. I used it for the first time today.

I have a remote knob for my Pegasus and have a button set for PTT.

Anyway the N4PY software moves the frequency up 5 khz. sets it to CW,
changes the filter to wide and uses the tuning knob to control the ALC on
the Pegasus. When you are done, hit the AMTN again and all is back to
normal.

It is so nice it is to be able to turn around from the desk to tune the amp
with my left hand and hit the PTT button on the remote tuning knob and
adjust the rig ALC without looking on the Peg......

Way to go Carl...

Rich
kd0zv