TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:08:30 +0100
3rd time's the charm.

One point was probably not clear.
I explained the Orion's two types of time sequencing delays.
What I forgot to say is that it does not really matter when using the
MicroKeyer.

All time sequencing should be set with the MicroKeyer.
There is no direct connection between the Orion and the Linear except for
the coax cable.
Therefore playing with the Orion's EXT TR DELAY won't make any difference.

However, since there is a 200 to 250 mS hang delay of the Amplifier's T/R
relay (genenerated by the Microkeyer), the Orion will be back in receive
mode 200/250mS before it has an antenna.

Life will be a lot less hectic is you set the Orion's QSK Delay to this time
too.
This is the Orion's own adjustable hang time before audio returns to the
speaker/headphones.
This is set in the CW Menu, first line.

ALL of this is based on menu item names from the Orion (1); I never owned or
used an OR2.

73
Rick, DJ0IP