TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan 425

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan 425
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:46:11 -0500
No.  QSK and Ext T/R are very different.  The corsair never had the TXOut
and TXEn lines on it, which are required for a QSK amp.  What you are
supposed to do is connect Ext T/R to the amplifier keying line.  This will
not give you QSK but it will work with the amp that way.

Another completely different approach is to connect your keyer output
directly to where TXOut would have been connected to the amp.  Then connect
the output keying line of the amp to key the corsair.  This will give you
QSK and guarantee that the amp keys before the corsair transmits.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635