TenTec

[TenTec] SKN

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SKN
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:17:28 -0500
>From the ARRL website,

http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/skn.html

January 1, 1999 (Jan 1, 2000, rules have not yet been posted.).

General Rules

1. Object This is a friendly meeting on the air using straight keys.
Suggested areas of operation of 80, 40, and 20 meters are 60 to 80 kHz
from the lower band edges and 10 kHz from the lower Novice-band edges.

2. Date and Time 24 hours UTC, from 7 PM EST December 31, until 7 PM
EST January 1.

3. Exchange: When participating in SKN, use SKN instead of RST
preceding the three-digit number to clue in passers-by.

4. Miscellaneous: This is not a contest; quick, contest-like exchanges
are discouraged.

5. Reporting: Following SKN, send a list of stations worked, plus your
vote for the best first heard (not necessarily one you've worked) and
the most interesting QSO you had to ARRL HQ by January 10.

I'll be using a Paragon and Hercules II at Johnson Space Center's
Emergency Operations Center--where we'll be watching for Y2K effects.

73,
dale, kg5u