TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Centurion loading

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion loading
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:43:49 -0500
Depending on antenna/load characteristics, being 50 ohms resistive, or close
to 50 ohms with some amount of reactance, the loading control on the amp
should be about #4 at 4.0 MHz, #6 at 3.8 MHz, and  # 8 at 3.6 MHz.  Tune
should be about #4 at 4.0 MHz, #5 at 3.8 MHz and #6 at 3.6 MHz.   The load
control definitely has noted effect on 80/75M.

My amp was purchased new from Tentec in March of 1996.  No updates applied.
Still running original tubes with full rated output power.  The Paragon II
or the Omni VI+ will drive it to full rated power.

Make sure you know what your load is.  Power output on 75M should be 1200
watts or more.  Also are you running the amp on 230 VAC?  or 115 VAC?
Unless you have a really stiff 115 VAC service, the regulation and power
output will suffer.  It is not recommended to run the amp on 115 VAC
service.

73
Bob, K4TAX