TenTec

[TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 12:16:23 -0600

>Tim K0FL said:
>As a new Ten-Tec owner (Omni-V) and a new reader to this
reflector it
>sure
>seems that there are alot of messages reporting trouble with the
>Omni-VI.

Tim,

Don't base too much of what you hear critical about our radios on
the overall radio.  What I am talking about with the earlier
message regarding the 'clicks' I hear in my radio is an
absolutely minor point when compared to the whole radio's
performance and my satisfaction with it.  This is the best radio
I have ever operated--the club station at work has the
IC781/IC4KL, TS950S/TL922A, FT1000/FL700 transceiver/amplifier
pairs and I've spent a fair amount of time on each; the Omni VI+
is better than them all, in my opinion.).

If you put it in the terms of cars, I am speaking of minor
parking lot dings, road tar pickup, pigeon deposits....things
that don't affect the performance, but only mar the
finish....when you get close to perfection, you then become more
aware of the really little things...I think that's where I am....

73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u