TenTec

[TenTec] Re: TenTec QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec QSK
From: "Alfred Lorona" <w6wqc@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:38:27 -0700
In all the talk about Tentec QSK I am curious on how you break: One dot or
one dash? Series of dots and/or dashes? Hold down a straight key for a
moment? Repeatedly try one of the above until it works? What have you found
to be the best way?

And when/why do you break? To answer a question that can't wait?
To insert a comment that can't wait? In a contest? When you have QRM? Under
what conditions? Have you experienced a speed limit over which break doesn't
work?

If it is understood that both stations are in a conversational mode, don't
you both pause to let the other 'speak' thereby making QSK somewhat
superfluous? Yes? No?

Gee, sounds like this might belong on the CW reflector, but we are talking
about Tentec QSK. Just curious.

73, w6wqc