TenTec

[TenTec] Contesting and the OMNI-VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contesting and the OMNI-VI+
From: JTBRANNIGAN@prodigy.net (JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 07:49:35 -0400
The whole RIT thing has me baffeled......
During a contest I operate from the computer keyboard (es 301) and hardly
touch the radio...
on the other hand, you don't see me listed in the "top scores" section
either.........
mebbe I should start pushing those buttons....

DX'ing is another matter...The XIT comes in very handy for sliding up or
down in non-split operation....
Also, since I tend to hit the 301 with an elbow .I LOCK the main tuning knob
and tune with the RIT.

Jim WB2TPS